Requests for Funding
The reason the members of the Ames Noon Kiwanis Club work very hard to raise money is to give it back to the children of Ames, Iowa. And we give back every cent of what we earn! Because, money you give to us through your generous support of Pancake Days, annual auction, apple sales, Christmas gift wrapping and our other fundraising events is kept in a special account. We do not use it for club expenses which are paid by members through a separate operations account.
Our Priorities for Funding
We welcome your requests to fund projects aimed at improving our community and the lives of young persons living in it. We support programs that:
- provide solid beginnings for children and youth,
- provide access to arts and culture for all children,
- encourage physical activities,
- improve the well-being of the citizens of Ames,
- strengthen the nonprofit sector,
- encourage civic involvement, and,
- serve as a catalyst in collaborative efforts for better serving the youth of Story County.
How to Request Funding
Each year, applications for funding should be mailed to: Kiwanis Club of Ames, 2216 Burnett Avenue, Ames, IA, 50010. All applications must be postmarked by October 31st.
To learn more about funding from the Kiwanis Club of Ames, Iowa, please read the attached documents. To facilitate our review of your request, please follow the directions on these forms as closely as possible.
On behalf of the children of Ames, we thank you for your valuable contributions to our community!